Rowland Watson, bore 12
A beautiful pair of Rowland Watson. These guns have an excellent balance and provide optimum stability by the 30 Inch barrels. These are the most ideal guns for those extreme high pheasants in England. The actions have "fluted fences" completely in the style of Stephen Grant.
Rowland Watson is originally a Birmingham gunmaker established since 1723. The history of this company can be found www.rowlandwatson.co.uk. In 2015 the first sideplate guns will, after a period of low activity, again being delivered to buyers.
This pair was made in 1910 and is technically completely overhauled in England by Elderkin & Sons Gunmakers. The thickness of the barrels is exceptionally good for rifles over 100 years old. It is a real pair of consecutive numbers with the following specifications;
● Length barrel; 30 inch (76,2cm)
● Condition barrels; approximately 20% above the minimum thickness. The barrels are smooth inside with hardly any pitting.
● Length stock; 15 inch (38 cm) included 7/8 inch leather pad.
● Chokes; No. 1; ¼ and ½ Nr. 2; ¼ and ½
● Tricker; double
● Safe; Automatic
● Case; Lightweight case completely renovated with new interior.
● A fine and useful pair sidelocks from this Birmingham maker.
Price; € 12.900,== or GBP 9,800,-
The guns are sold by Geweermakerij Elspeet with 2 years warranty on mechanical defects.
Sold by; Geweermakerij Elspeet. Phone: +31 577-